One Year Family Plan
As a new parent or a parent to be, the last thing on your mind is photos, let alone a photo session. I have created this package for parents not to think about their professional photo sessions.
The One Year Plan is a complete family photo session that will happen at critical growth stages of your baby development. In this plan, we will have the following photoshoots.
This session will take place in the 3rd trimester of your pregnancy, this will be a session that will highlight the amazing journey that you have been on.
The newborn session will take place around 5 - 10 days after the birth of your baby. This photoshoot will be your quintisental newborn baby photos. Baby will be on a background as well as have some time with mom, dad and any siblings.
4 months in, we will capture the growth of your baby, and they will have become more alert to the surroundings and the world around them.
In the 8-month session, your baby will be sitting by themselves, standing and holding on to items to help them balance. We will introduce props where they can hold themselves up; this stage they will be very responsive to the environment.
The 12-month session will be unique as we will be doing two types of shoots on the day.
This first part of the session will be all the growth that your baby has undergone.
The second part is the celebratory part of turning one year old, and we will have a cake smash to celebrate, which is always fun.
In all our sessions in the One Year Plan, it should always be a reflection of your family. As this is a full-year plan, you and I will become well acquainted by the end of the year. Having multiple phone or in-person consultations to discuss your expectations, ideas, and goals for each of your sessions. Preparation and communication are the keys to a successful portrait session, so make sure to share all your thoughts and concerns with me during our consultation.
Included in each session:
- 1.5hrs photoshoot, this allows time for the babies and siblings to settle into the stride of the session
- Images from each shoot - approx 35 - 45, available through an online gallery, where family and friends can download images
- Your session can be Indoor and Outdoor, and if the weather is not permitting we can reschedule the 0.5hrs session for a day that the weather is nice
- A choice of a single photo framed in a 40 x 50cm (16 x 20in) frame in black or white or a four image collage frame 40 x40cm (16.9 x 16.9in) in black or white for each session
- In the gallery, we offer prints and canvases that family and friends can order and will be shipped directly to you from our print partner
You will get a 15% off when this package if booked in full, only charging for four sessions and giving the fifth photoshoot free.
What do we wear to a family photo session:
COLOUR IS IN! This photoshoot is to capture your family, including individuality and style.
Here are some helpful tips to keep in mind when choosing outfits:
- Think to coordinate, not matching. Incorporate colours and patterns that fit well together.
- Don’t be afraid of colour! Choose a few neutral colours, and then add a few bright accents to your outfits. Accessories such as scarves, necklaces, and clothing layers are great for this.
- Wear well-fitting clothing. Not too tight, and nothing baggy. If you can’t walk in those pants, don’t wear them!
- No logos, please. To keep the look timeless, try to avoid trendy clothing with words or logos.
- Always feel free to text or email me your clothing options laid out before our session!
- Get your kids excited for the session and let them know how much fun it will be, but no need to over-prepare them or add too much pressure for "best behaviour."
- Kids pick up on your stress, so stay calm, even when they throw a tantrum
- My goal is to capture their genuine expressions and keeping it light, and fun is essential to that.
- Our best-behaved children (and adults for that matter) are usually those that are well fed before our session. Feel free to bring treats to reward good behaviour during our session!
Here is some inspiration for outfits I have created a Pinterest board to help you here.